Juicing makes me insanely happy.
It’s usually green, but I had to hold back on posting yet ANOTHER green recipe, so I went with more of a beginner juice – maybe a good option for those who can’t get on the green juice/smoothie bandwagon.
I’m a big believer in “a juice a day, keeps the doctor away.” So far, it’s proven to be true for me.
Health Benefits of Juicing
- It’s another way to get in your fruits and vegetables
- Gives you a concentrated dose of vitamins & enzymes, which are usually killed off by the heat in the cooking process
- Fresh juice is easier for the body to digest than whole fruits and vegetables
- Juicing extracts as much nutrients from the fruits and vegetables as possible without activating the body’s digestion
- Promotes weight loss, increases energy and longevity
Juicing VS. Blending – one is not better than the other, both are very different, but very good for you!
- Two different devices – Juicer and a blender
- Juicing removed fiber. Blending give you fiber.
- Carrots, celery, apples, fennel, etc. are better juiced than blended. Avocado, milk, berries, etc. are better blended – in my opinion
- Blending is a way to get solid nutrition – this is good for those with sensitive bellies to get full meals
Ever since I was sick, I have a difficult time eating certain fruits and vegetables.
I’ll cook, steam, roast, and sometime blend them. Anyway I can get them into my body without having a reaction or causing discomfort and I’m a very happy girl.
It wasn’t until recently that I got into juicing and now, I can’t go a day without one.
Good news for those who don’t have a juicer, you can get one without spending a fortune.
This is our basic juicer. It’s nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.
If you have a juicer that you love and recommend, please include it in the comment section below that those who are interested will have something to consider or compare.
I’m considering doing a week of juicing on the blog. You interested?
It won’t be until the end of February or early March, so you have plenty of time to pick up a juicer.
ps. my girlfriend mentioned that she can’t get her daughter to jump on board with the green smoothies, but PINK. Bring it!
Fresh Beet Carrot Apple & Ginger Juice
- 2 small raw organic beets or 1 large beet cut into fourths
- 5-6 organic carrots
- 2 small organic apples – I used Fuji cored and cut to fit down the juicer
- 1 ″ piece of fresh ginger
- Optional – 1/2 lemon
- Turn on the juicer. Add ingredients, one at a time. Pour the fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!