Things are starting to change around here and it’s getting kinda crazy!
One. I’m eating quinoa again and
Two. I got really excited about doing laundry. FIRST load of baby clothes, blankets, and bedding are COMPLETE!
Watch out, who know’s what next.
Remember when I told you I attending a wedding shower and had this watermelon salad? Well they also served this greek quinoa salad and liked it so much, I had seconds. That’s a big deal for me, right now at least.
For the most part, I’ve just been eating a warm bowl of quinoa with bragg, salt + pepper and sometimes some diced chicken breasts. Plain and simple, but comforting.
This salad is light, but flavorful. I love the flavors of greek dishes, so fresh!
It’s amazing. Simple, whole ingredients, can sure makes one tasty meal.
This is a great salad to make in big batches, that way you’re set for the week. For protein, you can add in chicken, tuna or maybe some white or garbanzo beans.
If your hosting a shower or a casual evening in, this is a great option to serve guests. Since many people are sensitive to dairy, I’d recommend leaving the cheese on the side, that way most everyone can enjoy this salad.
Healthy Greek Quinoa Salad, Gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 water [or chicken broth]
- 1 heaping cup cucumber quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 heaping cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar [or red wine vinegar]
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water [or chicken broth] and quinoa to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, 16-18 minutes. When all the water is absorbed, remove and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onions, and green onions.
- Dressing: whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic and salt + pepper.
- Drizzle a little bit of the dressing over quinoa/vegetable mixture, a little at a time.