Think of throwing a breakfast party or an evening party. You obviously would want to serve a unique yet healthy drink for everyone. And, if it is about tea, rose milk tea would be one of the best picks. You must know “what does rose milk tea tastes like” before you try making it.
Rose milk tea is made of rose syrup. So it gives a soothing flavor in every sip. A cup of rose milk tea could be your ultimate therapy if you have a long day. The best part about this drink is it has no chemical ingredients. And anyone can make this drink in a few minutes.
So, try out the rose milk tea recipe now. If you doubt its taste, read the entire article. Here you’ll know the ins and outs of an excellent cup of rose milk tea.
What is Rose Milk Tea?
Rose milk tea is a rose-scented fancy drink, also known as a boba drink/ bubble tea. This quick and easy-to-make drink gives a refreshing feeling every time. If you like your tea to be scented, this might impress you.
Rose milk tea is a traditional type of drink invented in Asia. However, some say its recipe belongs to middle-east culture. There are different types of rose milk tea found around the world.
The main ingredient of this tea is rose syrup. It also requires essential ingredients like milk and tea. And the rose syrup is extracted from the natural rose. You can find rose syrup from any Super shop online. Also, homemade rose syrup holds a quick homemade recipe.
To make this, you don’t have to use real rose petals. The syrup is already made of hundreds of rose petals. This syrup adds a sweet scent and taste to your tea. And this rose syrup will give a pink hue to your tea.
The best part of rose milk tea is that it contains no chemicals or alcohol. So, anyone can drink it as a healthy drink.
What Does Rose Milk Tea Taste Like?
The best way to describe rose milk tea taste would be “Sweet,” “floral,” and “subtle.”
Rose milk is a light and fruity drink. Its rosy aroma gives a sweet taste with every sip. Rose milk tea doesn’t overpower the real taste of milk tea. It just adds a fantastic herbal flavor.
This gives a creamy, rich feeling with a great combination of milk and rose. Raised milk tea will provide a natural soothing feeling. Milk and rose syrup have their natural sweetness. The sweetness will depend on how much sugar you add to the drink.
You can serve rose milk tea both as a cold and hot one. In both ways, this drink will be refreshing. The iced rose milk tea will be thicker and more creamy. And hot rose milk will provide an enhanced and elegant taste. This gives a subtle flavor with a tint of floral essence.
However, you can experiment with rose milk tea recipes. You better make it simple to find the best taste.
Why Do People Love Rose Milk Tea?
People love rose milk tea over other regular herbs too. All over the world prefer adding rose milk tea as a fancy addition to the menu card. Let’s see why rose milk tea is so popular:
- Rose milk tea leaves a refreshing feeling.
- It is not as robust as other herbal teas.
- Rose milk tea is a quick and easy-to-make recipe.
- You can add different ingredients and make your rose milk tea in your preferred way.
- You need no preservatives to store the tea
- Rose milk tea is a healthy drink
- You can add rose milk tea at any time of the day.
- You can drink rose milk tea both on hot and cold days.
How to make delicious Rose Milk Tea?
You can prepare fresh milk tea at home in a few minutes only. Well, if you’re making this for the first time, try to keep it simple. Follow the process step by step.
Step 1: Gather all the ingredients
First, gather some essential ingredients to make this refreshing tea. You would need some basic elements like
- Brown Sugar
- Tea leaves
- Rose petals,
- Hibiscus petals
Step 2: You better start preparing your special rose syrup
Rose syrup will add magic to your tea. For making rose syrup, you should take a bowl and pour one cup of water for boiling. Then, add one cup of Sugar. Stir it well; now grab rose petals around ½ cup and pour them into the mixture. Stir the mixture for 15 minutes over medium heat. Add some hibiscus for additional flavor and stir for 4 minutes. And when you see a thick consistency, the syrup is ready. Now you can move towards the next step.
Note: if you don’t have enough time to prepare rose syrup, go for a store-bought one.
Step 3: Now, prepare black tea/ green tea
It would help if you made simple black tea/ green tea in this part. Boil some water, and add 2 tbsp tea powder.
Note: you don’t have to make it extra. You can make it with an instant black tea bag.
Step 4: Pour some milk
You can add almond milk/ coconut milk, according to your preference. Add ½ cup of milk to give it a color. You better keep the milk and water ratio 1:1. This gives a thick and natural taste.
Step 5: Add some rose syrup
Now, you can serve your milk tea in cups. Now, grab 1 drop of rose syrup and mix it well in each cup. If you want to make your tea strong, add two drops of rose syrup.
Step 6: Add Sugar for sweetness
Now, add ½ tbsp sugar to each cup. However, adding Sugar would depend on your taste.
Step 7: serve it hot
Grab raw rose petals for decoration. Now, serve the hot rose milk tea.
Quick Tips & Suggestions for Making The Best Rose Milk Tea
- If you want your rose milk tea to be darker in color, use darker rose petals.
- Make sure you clean your rose petals well before using them in your tea/ syrup.
- It would be best if you did not use rose petals that have been sprayed with chemicals.
- If you’re thinking of storing the syrup, ensure the container is clean.
- If you want your rose milk tea to be thick and creamy, use cream instead of tea.
- You can add crushed ginger to your rose milk tea to enhance flavor.
Is rose Milk tea Healthy?
If you’re wondering whether rose milk tea is healthy, it indeed is. Roses are not only beautiful flowers with aroma, but they are also excellent for adding to food. Rose syrup is used in desserts and drinks. Rose syrups are edible as well as elegant.
Here’s why rose milk tea can be a perfect drink for you.
- Rose milk tea is known for resolving stomach issues. If you have digestive problems, rose petals can make you healthier.
- Also, people with insomnia can try this. Rose petals will undoubtedly improve your sleep cycle. And even women can drink this excellent drink during their periods. This gives relief from irritability or constant mood swings. Rose milk tea will be your self-pampering drink.
- During times of anxiety and stress, this drink can help a lot. This helps you to fight menstrual cramps. You can even protect yourself against cancer with this tasty drink. According to research, rose milk tea can prevent cancer by 40%. Also, if you’ve coughing issues, try rose milk tea. It can be a sweet remedy.
- It has both physical and psychological benefits.
- In China, Rose milk tea is known as a traditional natural medicine. Even doctors have suggested rose milk tea is filled with vitamins and antioxidants. It has a good amount of vitamins A, C, and E. It is also a good source of iron and calcium.
- The best part of rose milk tea is it has minimum fat, calories, or Sugar. And even if you have issues with caffeine, rose milk tea is low in that, also. So, it can improve your skin and give you a natural glow. If you want it to be healthier, don’t add extra Sugar to it. Milk and rose already make the drink sweet.
The nutrient value of rose milk tea:
|Component||Nutrient value (1 cup)|
Why Do People Prefer Rose Milk Tea Over Regular Tea?
People who love their tea to be fancy and attractive prefer rose milk tea. Regular tea might be boring. But, for a fancy breakfast or tea party, a cup of rose milk tea can bring a great impression.
Besides, everyone, from children to old, loves sweet and scented drinks. Rose milk tea is healthy as well. So, why won’t anyone try this excellent drink over regular tea on special days? Moreover, you can try rose milk tea in multiple ways.
This can be made regarding everyone’s choice and health requirements. Even people with diabetes can try this drink. You need to know what recipe to try for whom.
Because of the color, taste, health benefits, and customizability, everyone seems to love rose milk tea the most.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store Rose Milk Tea?
The first rule is you can’t add any chemicals to store rose milk tea. Instead, store the rose syrup in a clean container and keep it in a fridge. This will keep the syrup fresh for 3 to 4 days. As you’ll be adding milk to your tea, it’s better not to store it. Instead, you can make it instantly and serve it immediately.
Does rose milk tea contain caffeine?
Yes, rose milk tea has around 50 mg of caffeine. As you’re using tea leaves, this would certainly have some caffeine in it. However, the amount of caffeine will vary regarding the recipe.
Can lactose intolerants drink rose milk tea?
Milk rose tea will have 1:1 water and milk. It can’t be made without milk cream or raw milk. So, it will not be safe for lactose intolerant people. Also, people who’ve health issues with dairy products might want to avoid this drink.
Rose milk tea can make anyone’s day. This has no health risks or harsh chemicals included. Though the drink is fancy, it doesn’t require any expensive ingredients. If you’ve never tried it, try making it today.
This drink is served in many ways in different regions. In China, they serve with rose petals; in Asia, they add cream to make the tea thick. So, explore those ideas and make them your way.
You’ll obviously love its mild and sweet taste.